Why are you doing this?
I got fired...at forty-seven...right before the holidays. In my almost five decades on this planet, I’d never been fired before, and it was a wake up call. You’re curious aren’t you? I know what you’re thinking. People don’t get fired for no reason, there has to be more to this story. I wish I could share all the grisly details. It is a deeply convoluted tale that has so many nuances it is more fit for the plot of a low-budget movie of the week, but alas, I was served an official cease and desist, and to avoid a costly legal battle, I can’t share any more information.
This event caused the total destruction of my self worth and sent me reeling into a pit of fear, anxiety, and worry. During the blurry days that followed, I didn’t know what was next, but I refused to let this setback keep me locked there, a prisoner in my own mind. At the time it seemed all the doors I knocked on either remained locked, or slammed shut in my face, and friends—I was wallowing.
It was time for a plot twist.
Read the rest on Kindle Vella...
Ways You Can Help
- Give this story a thumbs up on Kindle Vella.
- Follow this serial on Kindle Vella.
- Share this serial on all your social media sites.
- Donate via venmo @thefunologist Ninya Blair Bryan. We'll add your donation to increase the number of recipients for the next act of kindness and give you a shout out in the next episode.
- Repeat one of the nudges in your own community and share it on social tagging @tealbutterflypress so we can follow you!